GALERIE MENDES
France
Stand 12

36 & 45 rue de Penthièvre
75008 Paris
Phone: +33 (0)1 42 89 16 71
info@galeriemendes.com
www.galeriemendes.com

 

In 2007, Philippe E. Mendes opened a gallery in the heart of the “Golden Triangle” of the Right Bank in Paris. Care and audacity characterize his method and the contrasting works shown give the gallery a slight air of a “cabinet of curiosities”. His desire to energize the atmosphere that usually surrounds old master paintings is seen in frequent exhibitions in which he expresses his taste and his passion.

Every year, in association with art historians, he organizes one or two thematic exhibitions that communicate his taste for painting with character. Constantly in touch with curators and the most eminent specialists in the history of art, the gallery regularly works with museums by lending major works for exhibitions, and by sponsoring the restoration of art works conserved in many public institutions. Anxious about the proper care of paintings, he pays particular attention to their quality and originality, surrounding himself with professionals who respect the integrity and the history of works.

The gallery specializes in French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Brazilian paintings from the 16th to the 19th centuries. A member of SNA, APA, Cinoa, the Galerie Mendes participates in many French and international fairs (BRAFA, Biennale des Antiquaires, Rome Biennale, the Art and Antiques Fair of Lisbon, etc.)

MENDES, Emile Signol, Jésus bénissant les enfants
Emile SIGNOL (Paris, 1804 – Montmorency, 1892)
Jésus bénissant les enfants
Around 1850-1852
Oil on canvas mounted on panel
H. 21,6 x L. 17,7 cm
.
Sketch for the Catechism Chapel of the Saint-Eustache Church, Paris, 1850-1852

MENDES, Jean Pillement, Navigation sur le Tage
Jean PILLEMENT (Lyon, 1728-1808)
Navigation sur le Tage
1782
Pastel on paper
H. 56 x L. 80 cm
Signed and dated lower left: J. Pillement 1782

 

EXHIBITORS LIST

MAP

 

Back to top